All borrowers are responsible for all materials checked out to their accounts.
1. Students must have a current Wilkes WIN Card to check out books, A-V materials, reserves and laptops.
2. Books from the circulating collection may be borrowed for a period of one month and may be renewed two times, allowing for a maximum loan of three months. All books must be returned on or before the last day of classes. Overdue books cannot be renewed.
3. Up to 4 DVDs may be borrowed for a period of 7 days and CD Books for one 1 month. A-V materials cannot be renewed. All AV materials must be returned on or before the last day of classes.
4. Students have no limit on the amount of books they can have checked out at any given time. Students can have no more than 4 DVDs checked out to their account at any time.
5. If a student is blocked because of overdue books, overdue A-V items or fines they must return the overdue materials and pay the fine before they are allowed to check out additional materials.
6. Fines are twenty-five cents per day for each overdue book and one dollar per day for each overdue DVD or CD Book.
7. Replacement costs are $75.00 per book and $30.00 per DVD or CD book.
8. Reserve materials circulate as directed by faculty. No renewals are allowed for 1-Day or 3-Day Reserves.
9. Laptops and iPads are available at the Circulation Counter for student use In Library Only. A current Wilkes WIN Card is needed to check out laptops. No other form of ID is accepted.
10. If there is any damage to the laptop or it is lost the repair/replacement cost is $1500.00 and will be charged to the borrower. The repair/replacement cost for an iPad is $399.
11. To place a hold on an item, please contact the Circulation Department at (570)408-3212.
Use your library account to renew books online, verify due dates, and more. To access your library account, log in with your Wilkes username and password. (N.b. The following screen will look like the mywilkes portal but you should be automatically returned to the library catalog after successfully logging in).
Ask about borrowing these items for use in the Library at the Circulation Desk. A valid Wilkes ID is required.
All young scholars who have obtained a current Wilkes ID from Public Safety can check out books and other library materials under the same rules as other Wilkes students. The process of obtaining a Wilkes ID typically takes ten minutes.
Young Scholars must have a current Wilkes username and password (firstname.lastname, also used to access Wilkes email, LIVE, and the mywilkes portal) in order to access ebooks, databases, and electronic journals, and to renew print library books online.